About 1,490 stranded Nigerians have so far been evacuated from Libya to Nigeria.
They arrived the city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, in three batches in the past two weeks.
The first flight lifted 484 on January 7; the second flight arrived with 446 and the third flight came with 560 persons.
Besides the last Sunday’s arrival, more flights are to be expected, as disclosed by Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Sani Datti.
The NEMA PRO said Medview airline would soon join Max Air in air-lifting of the Nigerians until the set target of 5,037 is met.
Meanwhile, Datti further said that state governments had been responding positively, in coming to pick their returnees.
He stated that an appeal has gone to states that are yet pick their citizens, to do so in the interest of their people.
On arrival, the returnees were conveyed to the Reception Centre for profiling, refreshment and medical screening.
All stakeholders were on ground for the operation. Similarly, rehabilitation and reintegration teams were also at the airport to ensure there is progress in their task.
The evacuation of the Nigerians from Libya became necessary after CNN report around October last year that serialized how Libya authorities maltreat, torture and sell other Africans into slavery and some even killed as they find their way into the country from where the sail the seas to cross into Europe.
The revelation sparked outrage and Nigeria, being one of the countries the citizens were trapped in Libya gulag commend action to bring them back.