The Ebonyi State APC chairman, Pastor Eze Nwachukwu Eze has raised the alarm, calling on the Nigerian security agencies to safeguard the lives of the members and supporters of the party.
The call became pertinent after 10 violent and criminal attacks on the members and supporters of the party within eight days by known PDP members and appointees of the government.
Eze addressed the media on these incidents and called for better measures by the security system to live up to their expectation and ensure that the vow of the state government to crush and grind any position that would make them lose is not implemented.
He listed the carnages to include
- Izzi attacks and killing that left one dead and over 32 houses burnt down by thugs of the PDP sponsored by a senior legislator from Izzi.
- Attack to disrupt the APC rally at Ebonyi LGA
- Attack on Prince Nweze Onu, the APC senatorial candidate by a notable PDP leader whose names had been reported in the news.
- Attacks at Onicha to stop the APC rally
- Attacks on APC members in Okposi to stop rally led by a notorious thug of the party who came with over 150 others
- Attacks and destruction of APC office in Ohaozara
- Attacks and demolition of 2 APC campaign cars in Etiti Edda at the night of February 12 after the campaign rally at Edda
- Attacks on an APC member at Ekoli Edda at the evening of the postponed presidential election – attacker a known PDP thugs linked top other attacks
- Attacks on the home of APC zonal publicity secretary, Chris Nnanna Ogba in Ezzama, Ezza South on the night of February 16 and injury to his aged grandmother – leader of attackers a known PDP member in the council and appointee of the government.
Eze stated that all these incidents are already reported to the police, and called on the Ebonyi police to expeditiously handle the matter and ensure the prosecution of the accused persons.
He also assured the party members and supporters in the state not to despair as all lawful measures would be taken to checkmate the incidents. u