Home Crime Joe Igbokwe’s home burnt down as he accuses IPOB

Joe Igbokwe’s home burnt down as he accuses IPOB

361
0

All Progressives Congress (APC) Lagos State member and special adviser to the Lagos State Governor on drainages and sanitation, Mr. Joe Igbokwe has raised the alarm that the fire that gutted his country home in Anambra Sunday afternoon is the handiwork of the IPOB.

On his official Facebook wall, Igbokwe accused members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) of being responsible for the arson.

He said the IPOB members he has always opposed their ways invaded his home in Nnewi and burnt it down.

He wrote, “IPOB invaded my house in Nnewi about now. I am sure they raised down my house, given the jerry cans of petrol I saw being offloaded from their Sienna car via CCTV. To God be the glory. I am still alive.”

He said security cameras in the home captured the arsonists arriving in a vehicle at his residence. He said he was doing fine after the attack, but did not clarify whether or not he was at home during the attack.

Igbokwe has not been the best of friends with the IPOB ever since and always voiced out his condemnation of their style of operation.

Last month, he sent a petition to the Inspector General of Police alleging that members of IPOB sent him threat message banning him from Igboland. But a little after that, Igbokwe was pictured with his wife at the funeral of his father in-law in Anambra State.

He also wrote: “I am still alive. My study is my greatest regret.”

Mr. Igbokwe’s disclosure came as reports emerged from Nnewi that headquarters of police and State Security Service in the community were torched by hoodlums chanting destruction of Nigerian flag. Several people were reportedly killed in the attack. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here